Frequently Asked Questions:
- How is your product better than analogs (ScreamingFrog, Netpeak Spider, etc.)?
- How long will the program remain freeware?
- Is it possible to scan sites with a size of 1 million pages or more?
- What is the number of iterations recommended for calculating PageRank?
- How to save all projects when updating the program version?
- What is the message about the lack of resources in the program log?
- SiteAnalyzer System Requirements
- Can I run the SiteAnalyzer on Linux and MacOS?
In our opinion, the main advantages of SiteAnalyzer over competitors are:
- Portable format (no installer, with the result that the program can be run even from a flash drive).
- High speed scanning sites, not inferior in speed paid counterparts.
- Ability to store projects in the form of a list, rather than downloading them one by one, as is the case with most competitors.
- The set of functions SiteAnalyzer 80% repeats similar functions in paid analogues, so you will not have a lack of familiar tools for site analysis.
In the near future, we plan to implement all the main tools that are present in our competitors, as well as add our own for more productive work.
At the moment the program SiteAnalyzer is actively developing, so for a while, until the release of a stable version, it will be distributed absolutely free.
Over time, work in the program will move to a paid basis, which will be reported in the news of our site, in announcements of news resources and partner sites.
Testing of programs was carried out in two systems: Windows XP and Windows 10.
- Windows XP x32 (3 GB RAM):
- scanned URL (html-pages): 92 000
- analyzed URI (pages, images, scripts, documents, etc.): 296 316
- elapsed time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Windows 10 x64 (8 GB RAM):
- scanned URL (html-pages): 118 000
- analyzed URI (pages, images, scripts, documents, etc.): 2 334 260
- elapsed time: 6 hours 12 minutes
Thus, we can conclude that the program is capable of scanning sites of almost any volume – everything depends on the amount of installed RAM on your PC. The more memory there is – the more the program will scan the pages on the site.
P.S. Send your highscores the number of crawled pages (preferably with screenshots) and we'll post them in this FAQ.
The more iterations – the smaller the error in the calculations.
For example, after the 10th iteration, the weight value changes to thousandths and ten thousandths, i.e. values so small that can already be neglected.
And in order to visually see the difference in weight, even a couple of iterations are enough.
We recommend using 10 iterations.
- Run current version.
- In the list of projects, select the desired sites.
- Use the context menu to copy them to the clipboard.
- Launch a new version of the program.
- Add batch-copied sites (click on the plus and paste the URL from the clipboard).
- Rescan the necessary sites as needed.
When scanning large volumes with a large number of threads in a log, a similar message may occur: "Due to a lack of computer resources, the project scan is stopped, we recommend changing the scan settings".
This message occurs when the program is running when there is a shortage of system resources in the operating system. The scanning of the current project automatically stops. This is done to prevent the occurrence of system errors and the correct recording of data in the database.
To prevent the appearance of such messages, it is recommended to increase the amount of RAM of your computer, switch to 64-bit Windows, and optimize the scanning parameters in the program settings (reduce the number of threads, limit the number of pages for parsing).
Installation SiteAnalyzer does not have high system requirements. If your computer would cope with the installation of Windows XP and above, then with it you can safely run the program to audit the site without any problems.
Microsoft Windows versions: 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32 & 64-bit).
Now there is a version only for Windows OS, development for other platforms is currently not carried out. However, in case of increasing interest in the program, we will try to transfer it to other popular platforms.
P.S. On Linux OS, you can run SiteAnalyzer using Wine (this is an alternative implementation of the Win32 API that allows users of UNIX-like operating systems to run 32- and 64-bit applications). Detailed help on Wine.